Mission & Vision
The mission of the United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney is to increase understanding of the United States in Australia.
Spanning the study of politics and policy, economics and business, culture and society, the core activities of the Centre include:
- Postgraduate degrees and undergraduate teaching
- Academic research and research training
- Policy analysis and commentary
- Business leadership forums
- Public education and community outreach
The ambition of the United States Studies Centre is to become the leading academic institution outside America for the study of the United States.
Our principal objectives are to:
- Undertake analysis, research and teaching of the highest quality
- Be the international hub for the study of the United States
- Build networks with preeminent American academic institutions and scholars
US Studies Centre advertisement created for the Sydney Film Festival
- Board of Directors
- Council of Advisors
- International Academic Advisory Committee
- Partners, Supporters and Collaborators
- Annual Reports
VIDEOS & INTERVIEWS
The shooting of unarmed African-American teenager Michael Brown and the protests inspired by it have laid bare the racial divides that still persist across the US. Lecturer David Smith discusses the complex issues at play in Ferguson, Missouri.
With the latest AUSMIN talks cementing an agreement to base 2,500 US marines in Darwin by 2017, Australia's north has become the focus of a debate around defence spending and priorities. Adjunct professor with the Centre's Defence and Security Program Russell Trood joins an expert panel to discuss the issue.