Mission & Vision
The mission of the United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney is to increase understanding of the United States in Australia.
Spanning the study of politics and policy, economics and business, culture and society, the core activities of the Centre include:
- Postgraduate degrees and undergraduate teaching
- Academic research and research training
- Policy analysis and commentary
- Business leadership forums
- Public education and community outreach
The ambition of the United States Studies Centre is to become the leading academic institution outside America for the study of the United States.
Our principal objectives are to:
- Undertake analysis, research and teaching of the highest quality
- Be the international hub for the study of the United States
- Build networks with preeminent American academic institutions and scholars
US Studies Centre advertisement created for the Sydney Film Festival
- Board of Directors
- Council of Advisors
- International Academic Advisory Committee
- Partners, Supporters and Collaborators
- Annual Reports
VIDEOS & INTERVIEWS
The US-Australia alliance remains an important partnership spanning not only defence and security, but also energy, trade and investment, and collaboration in Asia. But, as Centre CEO Bates Gill notes, Australia must continue to engage in the alliance to ensure its strength in the future.
Director of the Center for American Studies at Fudan University Wu Xinbo discusses the benefits of studying the US from a Chinese perspective, provides tips for travelling to China and analyses Australia's place in the region.