Student Recruitment Manager
- Find out more about this position and apply at the University of Sydney recruitment site
Closing date: 11.30pm, 11 May 2016
Reference no. 2566/1115
- Develop student recruitment strategies for the Centre’s academic courses
- Manage all student recruitment related activities
- Full-time fixed term for two years, remuneration package: $95K p.a. plus 9.5% super and leave loading plus additional leave during Christmas and New Year period
In its short history, the United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney has established itself as an internationally recognised authority on American studies outside of the United States. Spanning the study of politics and policy, economics and business, culture and society, the Centre fulfils its mission through education, research, public outreach, and policy development initiatives.
As the Manager of the student recruitment area and reporting to the Director of Operations and Academic Director, this position will play a key role by supporting the continued growth of the Centre’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs in alignment with the strategic direction of the Centre and its role within the University.
As Student Recruitment Manager you will:
- develop and implement undergraduate and postgraduate recruitment strategies and a corresponding operational plan, in consultation with the Academic Director and operational staff
- project manage the development and delivery of student recruitment programs from conception to execution
- conceptualise and develop marketing campaigns to support Centre student recruitment initiatives and strategic objectives
- manage the production of all student recruitment marketing communications collateral, including brochures, flyers, videos and merchandising
- manage all student recruitment related events (including recruitment events, program launch and scholarships ceremonies, guest lectures, alumni events, student roundtables
- manage relevant marketing and promotional content on the website
- coordinate and write communications, in collaboration with the Communications team, using different channels including newsletters, email communications and social media platforms
- manage and create new relationships with key stakeholders, including (but not limited to) the University of Sydney, the Perth USAsia Centre and the University of Western Australia, other institutional partners, intern host organisations (domestic and international), recruitment agents, high schools etc
- lead and co-manage the work and performance of the Student Mobility and Recruitment Coordinator
- work collaboratively with Centre staff to ensure that student recruitment campaigns are communicated and understood
- work collaboratively with colleagues at the Centre (particularly academic staff) to ensure that strategic goals are achieved.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- strong strategic and operational experience in student recruitment, marketing and communications
- relevant experience in the development and implementation of student recruitment programs
- well-developed project management skills with the capacity to manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail, meet deadlines and work within budget
- experience working in the tertiary sector
- experience in working with recruitment agents in relevant international markets
- experience in developing and executing marketing communications campaigns and collateral across a broad range of media channels and mediums
- demonstrated ability to write high-quality communications and to tailor style for different audiences
- experience using social and digital media to reach and engage target audiences
- demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- demonstrated experience developing and managing annual and campaign budgets
- demonstrated high level oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
Remuneration package: $105,304 p.a. (which includes a base salary of $95,000 p.a., leave loading and 9.5% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
11.30pm 11 May 2016
How to apply
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. To view the selection criteria and apply online please visit the University of Sydney recruitment website.
The United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged. The Centre reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
VIDEOS & INTERVIEWS
Lecturer Gorana Grgic discusses the deployment of 100 US special operations troops to Iraq on Sky News.
Research associate Tom Switzer discusses President Obama's speech on terrorism on Bloomberg TV.