Scholarships & Fees
NEW! US Studies Centre Postgraduate Scholarship 2016
Established in 2015, the objective of the US Studies Centre Postgraduate Scholarship is to encourage and support talented Australian students to undertake the Master of United States Studies at the University of Sydney.
The scholarships will be awarded under the following conditions:
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to the Master of United States Studies program. Applications for admission to the Master of US Studies program must be submitted to Sydney Student by 30 November 2015.
- Applicants must receive a program offer issued by the University and enrol in Semester 1, 2016, unless special arrangement is made with the US Studies Centre.
- All applicants who meet the above criteria will be considered for the US Studies Centre Postgraduate Scholarship. There is no need to submit a separate application for this scholarship.
- The scholarship would be granted on a semester-to-semester basis to offset tuition fees by a maximum amount of $10,000 per annum per recipient studying full time and A$5,000 per annum per recipient studying part time, subject to satisfactory progress. For each recipient, up to $20,000 will be available over the candidature period.
- The scholarship will be paid over two equal instalments per annum after the census date, i.e. early April and September.
- The scholarships are awarded by the US Studies Centre Scholarship Selection Committee comprising the Master's Coordinator, the Academic Director, the Head of Student, or their nominees, and an academic representative.
- Applicants will be ranked on the basis of their academic achievements and relevant work experience.
- The Award shall be terminated if the recipient:
- Accepts any other scholarship over $6,000 per annum from the University of Sydney;
- Fails to maintain satisfactory academic progress as indicated by a semesterly average mark of 65 of the Agreed Program; or
- Withdraws from the Agreed Program; or
- Changes from full time to part time without approval.
- Once terminated, the Award will not be reinstated.
The US Studies postgraduate program offers a wide range of merit-based coursework scholarships to local and international students. The following scholarships, which honour the contributions significant Americans have made historically, are available:
- The Rosa Parks Scholarship - $5,000 - $10,000
- The Susan B Anthony Scholarship - $2,500 - $5,000
- The Rachel Carson Scholarship - $1,000 - $2,000
Graduate Certificate level:
- The Eleanor Roosevelt Scholarship - $1,000 - $2,000
Applications for 2015 scholarships have now closed.
For more information please contact:
Amelia Trial, Student Affairs and Recruitment Officer
United States Studies Centre
Institute Building, H03
University of Sydney NSW 2006
2016 Course Fees
Master of US Studies
Graduate Diploma in US Studies
Graduate Certificate in US Studies
*Does not include students costs for travel, accommodation, living expenses and other personal expenses if study or an internship is undertaken within Australia or overseas.
In undertaking some units of study in the course, students might also have to pay additional study costs (incidental fees) for goods and services such as course readings, equipment required for the course, field trips, etc.
Read more about:
- Postgraduate Studies
- Degrees by Coursework
- Degrees by Research
- Units & Timetables
- Student Profiles
- Exchange & Internships
- Entry Requirements
- How to Apply